Adhesives & Sealants
Adhesives and sealants that meet the needs of specialized applications
We develop and manufacture adhesives to bond dissimilar substrates under a variety of application and operating conditions. Adhesive applications can take many forms, from highly-engineered parts and machinery to seemingly straightforward uses where off-the-shelf materials fall short. We work closely with you to develop a complete understanding of the demands present in your application, throughout the required lifecycle. From properties like viscosity, cure time, and chemical compatibility to the unique combination of functional properties needed once an adhesive is bonded in place; we will help you identify the optimal solution for your bonding application.
- Bonding Disparate Substrates
- Thermal Class (expected service temp(s))
- Thermal Measurement (HDT / Tg)
- Thermal Cycling
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
- Tensile Strength
- Flexural Strength
- Electrical Properties (Insulating / Conductive)
- Environmental Resistance (Chemical / Corrosion / Flame)
- Water Absorption
- Application Process / Delivery method (indicator)
- Pot Life / Working Life / Set Time
- Cure Requirements
- VOC (Solventborne / Waterborne)
- Shelf Life
- What is your application?
- What material/product are you using now, and what properties/conditions/processes are you looking to improve?
- Are there any applicable specification requirements? If so, please describe?
- Are there EHS restrictions or concerns? If so, please describe?
- Do you have a specific type of packaging or material application process in mind?
- What are your bonding surfaces?
- How do you need to apply the material, brush, roll, spread, bead, etc.?
- Would you prefer a single-component (elevated temp cure) or two-component (room temp cure) system?
- What are your application requirements? Do you need a special delivery system (i.e. cartridges, pre-measured kits, etc.)?
- What are your adhesion requirements? How is adhesion defined (i.e. test method)?
- Is this to be used as the primary or secondary structural support system?
- What are your physical properties requirements?
- Mechanical strength requirements (i.e. flexural, compressive, tensile, or a combination)
- Chemical / environmental resistance
- Thermal aging / thermal class
- Electrical properties, such as dielectric, semi-conductive or conductive
- What are your environmental and cure conditions?
- What are your pot life / working time requirements?
- What viscosity / rheology do you need?
- Can the product contain solvents, or must it be 100% solids?