Non-CMR, Water-Reducible Corona-Resistant Coating
- Proven chemistry with a long history of use in high voltage, high temperature machines.
- Single-component red iron oxide formulation designed to withstand and protect against corona and partial discharge (PD).
- Water-Reducible and Non-CMR (Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, Toxic for Reproduction)
- As a protective topcoat on high voltage, high temperature stator cores.
- For use in conventional and hydrogen cooled generator end-windings.
- As an extra layer of anti-corona protection for new units and in maintenance and repair services.
Corona-Resistant Coating for use in High Voltage, High Temperature Environments
Partial discharge and corona damage are of critical concern to high voltage machine manufacturers and owners alike. Over time, these forces degrade ground-wall insulation leading to premature failure, machine down time, and costly rewinds.
Astro 6971 is a single-component, silicone alkyd, anti-corona coating formulated to shield stator insulation against electrical discharge. The red iron oxide composition of Astro 6971 protects against current leakages caused by the ionization of the air surrounding high voltage conductors, helping to prolong the life of high voltage insulation.
This anti-corona coating crosslinks at room temperature and becomes tack free in less than an hour under normal ambient conditions. Astro 6971 has a proven track record of over 20 years of successful use in high temperature, Class F generators and motors.
Astro 6971 is designed to be user-friendly. It is a single-part, water-reducible coating system with no carcinogens, mutagens, or reproductive hazards (Non-CMR), and has a stable shelf life of 12 months at room temperature.